Finishing operations occur at the end up the manufacturing process, after the part has been formed and secondary processes have been completed. These operations can add a logo to a part, enhance its visual appeal, augment its durability, or remove elements left behind by an earlier manufacturing process. At Laszeray Technology, our customers have access to many types of finishing manufacturing options.
Finishing Manufacturing Operations We Offer
Laszeray’s team of manufacturing experts has years of experience with many kinds of finishing manufacturing operations, including the following:
Trimming – Many injection molding processes leave behind a gate or runner that should not remain on the final product. Our automated part trimming process assures the accuracy of the gate/runner removal, so the way parts look exactly matches customer expectations.
Pad Printing – Otherwise known as tampography, pad printing involves transferring a 2D image onto a 3D object. It can be used successfully on nearly any kind of substrate. Our robotically controlled custom pad printing services allow the images to be accurately applied to parts with branding, volumetric graduations, and instructions perfectly placed. The six-axis movement allows multiple faces of the part to be printed in one cycle.
Packaging and Labeling – Our customers have access to a wide range of packing options, including point-of-sale (POS) packaging. Labeling can be applied to parts, assemblies, sub-assemblies, and packaging according to the customer’s specifications.
Surface Finishing – This is a term that covers a wide range of industrial processes that in some way modify the surface of a product. Our surface finishing capabilities include the following:
- Polishing – Refined surface finishes can be added to your product using a variety of techniques.
- Laser engraving – This process uses a specialized laser machine to create extremely precise marks and designs on metal or plastic parts.
- Powder coating – Powder coating services involve spraying dry powder onto a surface, usually via an electrostatic method, and then curing the part in an oven. It creates a thick, durable coating.
- Plating – This process involves permanently affixing metal onto a surface. Electroplating, which uses an electric current to bond metal to a conductive surface, is one of the more common options used by plating companies.
- Anodizing – This is an electrolytic process that crates a hard oxide layer, resulting in a highly corrosion-resistant coat. Anodizing services are usually performed on aluminum parts.
Inspections – By relying on a combination of technological and human inspection processes, Laszeray goes above and beyond normal quality control to ensure that your parts, assemblies, and sub-assemblies comply with all relevant standards.
Established in 1994, Laszeray Technology has provided manufacturers with a broad spectrum of high-quality finishing services. We offer highly advanced finishing equipment managed by a skilled team of in-house engineers. No matter the size of your business—our customers range from low-volume manufacturers to companies that produce vast quantities of parts—you can be assured that we will get the job done cost-effectively and in conformance with your specifications. To learn more about our polishing, coating, engraving, anodizing, and plating services, feel free to contact us with your questions.