Position: Process Technician
Location: North Royalton, OH
Immediate Supervisor: Molding Process Manager
Summary: Laszeray Technology, LLC Process Technicians perform various manufacturing jobs related to the Injection Molding Production area. Possesses ability to operate production machines and auxiliary equipment, and set-up molding machines for production runs as needed.
- Obtain and use a scientific approach to processing with injection molding machines in order to optimize processes and achieve the highest quality part.
- Provide ownership and input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or the reduction of downtime.
- Set-up the operation of Battenfeld injection molding presses, ranging in size from 65 to 720 tons, to cast products from thermoplastic materials. Install dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and hand tools.
- Operate overhead crane/hoist to remove and install molds.
- Read water diagrams and water molds accordingly.
- Provide input and obtain information to and from data terminals.
- Document all process changes.
- Read specifications and set machine controls, regulating prescribed molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
- Mix thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments in mixing machine, according to formula.
- Modify existing robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts.
- Communicate and translate what is happening from a molding point of view to operators, engineers, and management.
- Evaluate parts for quality based on established criteria.
- Monitor and troubleshoot processing problems; observe specific parts of equipment and materials in process to determine or analyze the cause of machine malfunctions.
- Repair and/or make any necessary adjustments to equipment to obtain desired operating results.
- Perform preventive maintenance and periodic checks on assigned equipment as prescribed or instructed.
- Set-up and implement both pre- and post-molding secondary operations.
- Material handling and manually switch over materials used on machinery.
- Execute preventative maintenance tasks.
- Prepare equipment for shutdown at end of shift or when necessary ensuring that heats and auxiliary equipment are properly adjusted.
- Constant bilateral simple hand grasping.
- Continuous visual sensory demands: near acuity, color vision, and depth perception.
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying a maximum of up to 40 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 3+ years of plastic injection molding experience.
- Prior experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Customer focused from both an internal and external perspective.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to deliver, meet deadlines, and have results orientation.
Reply or email resume to:
Laszeray Technology, LLC.
12315 York Delta Drive
North Royalton OH 44133